It's that time of the year: Mother's Day Weekend, and although we love alllll the mamas and teachers out there, we specifically think dance moms rock! They are our biggest supporters and the sacrifices they make to give the gift of dance to their daughters deserves a shout out!! Here are a few reasons why:
1. They give their TIME. Hours of dance classes, helping with costumes, meetings, doing our hair, driving back and forth to the studio, spending weekends at dance conventions and summers prepping for nationals and dance intensives. It all adds up. Maybe they rather spend their time elsewhere, but even if they're juggling a full time job, managing our brother's baseball schedule, or organizing an event for the community, they make it a point to be there. They choose to make the time for us. They encourage us to dream. How do they juggle it all? I have no clue. I think we're in the midst of a herd of SUPER MOMS.
2. They give their MONEY. Let's be real: dance classes, costumes, intensives, flights, hotels, privates...it all adds up. (Don't forget the cute dance clothes!!) Our moms rock because they find giving us the opportunity to dance worth investing in. Investing in us. Investing in an art form that gives us discipline and growth and expression like no other. They don't just tell us we can be anything we want when we grow up, they actually give us a shot at it. I know they could buy a lot of fancy clothes and luxury vacations with that money, but at the end of the day, the expense of letting us grow as dancers is priceless.
3. They give their SUPPORT. Our moms lift us up when we fall down, they bring flowers to recitals, they root and holler for us when we are nailing it, and they encourage us when we're feeling insecure. They even take enough pictures of us to get just the right one for Instagram. Face it: Our moms are our biggest fan.
4. They're always PREPARED. They are ready for any dance crisis. They've got bobby pins in their pockets and extra bananas and granola bars in their purses. They'll sew up a broken costume on the spot and get ice for the unexpected injury in under 30 seconds. Seriously, what would we do without them?
5. They know how to GET DOWN. And after all those hours watching us dance, they've got a few moves of their own they're ready to bust lose.
We asked a few of our SJ Ambassadors what quality about their dance mom they were most thankful for, and here's what they shared:
- Makenna: " My mom is the most supportive and loving human being on this planet! I wouldn't be where I am today without her."
- Leah: " Although she has so many qualities I would like to have as well, my favorite is how she devotes so much of her time and energy to helping me pursue my dream."
- Grace: "I love my Dance Mommy because she’s a smart cookie!! That is our joke together but
she is also very supportive of me no matter what."
- Violet: "My mom is super supportive and is always proud of me and my accomplishments."
- Talia: "I am so thankful for my mom and the time she puts into getting me to and from dance, traveling to conventions, and competitions. Most of all I am thankful she always believes in me.”
Why does your dance mom ROCK?